The Niagara Home Builders’ Association is proud to announce their 2022/2023 Board of Directors.
The Niagara Home Builders’ Association welcomed their incoming 2022/2023 Board of Directors during a virtual Annual General Meeting held on Tuesday, February 8, 2022. Outgoing President David Samis addressed the audience, thanking the current Board for their dedication to the Association, and expressed that they are moving in a positive direction, with many new initiatives being proposed for the upcoming term.
“Over the past year, the NHBA Board of Directors and its Members have continued to build an Association that is stronger with each passing day” states Samis. “Thank you for entrusting me with the role of President. I look forward to the future growth of the NHBA” Samis passes the Presidency torch to Richard Lawrence for the incoming 2022/2023 term, along with Paul Savoia assuming the role of Vice President.
The complete 2022/2023 NHBA Board of Directors are as follows:
- Richard Lawrence (President) – Cotton Inc.
- Paul Savoia – Niagara Pines Developments (Vice President)
- David Samis (Past President) – Phelps Homes Ltd.
- John Musso (Secretary/Treasurer) – Mountainview Building Group
- Tony Alfieri – Windrush Hill Construction
- Kelly Anderson – Silvergate Homes
- Mark Basciano – Mountainview Building Group
- Isabella Burt – DRT Custom Homes
- Mike Crough – IBI Group
- Yvonne Hendriks – Homes by Hendriks
- Joe Katzman – Dufferin Concrete
- Ed Lucchetta – Lucchetta Homes
- Chelsea McShane – Hummel Properties
- David Merritt – Meridian Credit Union
- John Passero – SilverLine Group
- Sheryl L Johnson (non-voting member) – Sullivan Mahoney LLP
- Jeff Murrell (non-voting member) – Niagara College
“As I enter my Presidency, together with our talented Board of Directors, I am confident we will continue to drive this Association upward and forward”
– incoming President Richard Lawrence
The newly elected Board, along with their Government Relations Committee, Members and partners look forward to focusing on their shared passion of promoting the Niagara Region; including building strong and sustainable communities, profiling the Region as a desired place to work and live and focusing on the housing affordability crisis.
The NHBA Board includes both Builder and Non-Builder representation, whose responsibilities include but are not limited to; ensuring the Association is in compliance regarding; legal obligations, acting within the scope of the organizations governing policies, rules and regulations that apply to the NHBA, understand and scrutinize all financial matters, attend and participate in board and committee meetings, participate in discussions/deliberations within the Board and promote membership of the Association.